"When a man stops treating you the way he does, it's likely he has a new catch or is planning to have one." Most of us have...
Most of us have been here before. Where we see the love we've nurtured over the years going down the drain, Seeing the one you love look into your eyes and tell you they hate you.
In fact, they can even go ahead and hit you, and say all sort of abusive words to you.
Many ladies have been ridiculed and abused this way just because they want their relationships to work. They give their all and make sacrifices for their partners but receive nothing in return. In this case, when things get worse and unbearable, ladies react in different ways.
Some become depressed, some take a leave while others fight back. But the fact remains that most of these relationships are abusive or about to get abusive.
So, you need to learn how to see the signs when your man starts taking you for granted, because it can get worse with time.
Here are some of the signs that will help you know when a man is taking you for granted :
1. He ridicules you in public : This is a very concerning situation where your man starts rubbishing your reputation in public. He may say abusive words or make jests at you.
This is a clear sign he doesn't plan to take your relationship to the next level. Your next step must therefore, be a decisive one.
2. He refuses to pick your calls or return them : Have you been calling all day and getting no response? If this happens frequently, it may mean that you're becoming irritating to him. So, you have to start thinking of the next step for you.
3. He doesn't spend on you : Whatever happens to the saying 'Where your heart is, there will your treasure be'?
I know you've heard the story of a lover boy who pays for his lady's taxi fare with the last penny in his pocket while opting to walk home in the rain?
When a man claims to be in love with you, they'll likely shower you with gifts or other financial assistance. That's the way it is and that is the way it will be.
4. He stops petting you : When you both have a little dispute, who comes back to apologize?
Does he pet you afterwards?
If he doesn't always feel the need to do that then, something must be wrong somewhere. No matter what the case is, even if you're the one at fault. A man who doesn't take you for granted will always try to reconcile your differences as fast as he can. So, watch that.
5. He makes strange calls or chats in your presence : This happens when things begin to go out of hand in your relationship. I've seen many ladies go through this frustrating phase where the guy makes calls to strange women in her presence or when the guy prefers to pay more attention to his phone chat than to his lady.
This is really frustrating and annoying at the same time, and it could mean that the man has lost respect for the lady.
So, if you're currently in a situation like this, you may want to have a close talk with your man before deciding what's the next step for your relationship.
6. He stops spending more time with you : One of the biggest signs he's taking you for granted is when he knowingly tries to make you feel lonely. Loneliness is sickening especially when you know you have someone who claims to love you.
When a man prefers to spend time with the guys rather than you, then it means you're going down on the scale of importance in his life.
Someone who really loves you and cares about you will do everything possible to see your face as much as possible as well as spend more quality time with you.
So, if it doesn't happen this way, then you need to analyze your relationship and discuss the future with your man.
I've always believed that there's a thin line between a relationship where your partner disrespects you and the one where they abuse you. The fact remains that when you begin to tolerate some of the signs highlighted above, the quality of your relationship will begin to decline which may lead to an abusive relationship.
So, what should you do when your man starts taking you for granted? Usually, my advice in this case remains the same - Communication.
No matter the problem you're currently undergoing in your relationships, one perfect solution that works almost everytime is to increase your communication. Once you can communicate effectively with your man, no problems will creep into your relationship unnoticed. The more your communication level the easier you'll be able to know when things starts going wrong.
In fact, if you can communicate effectively with your man, you'll build a stronger bond and your quarrels will be resolved quickly. So, when you see any of these signs, talk to him first. That is the neccessary first step.